CULTURE BANK WOLLONGONG WILL HAVE A FUNDING ROUNG OPEN:
1 APRIL and CLOSING 5pm 30th APRIL 2022 (entry form below) NOTE WE HAVE EXTENDED THIS FUNDING ROUND – OPEN UNTIL 5PM SUNDAY 15th MAY 2022
This round we are asking all grant applicants to lodge an application via our website AND we are also asking grant applicants to forward us a short (about 1 minute video) – pitching your idea.
It should include a short introduction about who you are, what your project is and what your project will contribute to our community.
Please check here or follow us on FB for updates – or even better – join Culture Bank for updates sent direct to your inbox.
Please do not make funding applications out side of this time frame, as they will not be considered. Please read the terms and conditions when applying. *Due to the pandemic crisis we are asking applications to consider providing a short plan B alternative, if we are impacted by further COVID restrictions in the time period you propose. Not that this is likely, however the past 2 years have been challenging for all the projects we have funded. Many had to re-think the original proposal.
Culture Bank Wollongong’s core purpose is to help create a vital cultural life in the greater Wollongong area. Our aim is to inspire the imagination of our community and galvanize our creativity. Anyone who lives or creates in the Illawarra and wants to:
- explore a passion
- initiate an idea
- make some art or music
- give a concert
- tell a story or give a talk
- write something and share it
- make a film
- present a comedy routine
- recite some poetry
- create something that uniquely expresses life, stories, and shared experience – or, CULTURE!
Just fill out the application form below with information about your self and the details of your project.
What we ask from you the applicant:
- If your application is successful your project will be supported freely and without conditions from Culture Bank Wollongong (apart from – see below).
- All work produced remains the property of the artist/s.
However we do ask that you show your appreciation for this gift from Culture Bank Wollongong by agreeing to:
- Conduct your project within six months of receiving the money from Culture Bank Wollongong (unless otherwise negotiated);
- Keep Culture Bank Wollongong informed about date, times and location/s of your project so that we can be part of an enthusiastic audience and assist you with the promotion of your event;
- IMPORTANT: You must provide Culture Bank Wollongong with good quality/high resolution images of your activity/event in order to better promote ourselves. We also require written statements and updates that we can use to promote Culture Bank; and to give feedback to our members. If you do not provide Culture Bank with these things, it will unfortunately impact on your chance of gaining future funding from Culture Bank.
- Acknowledge Culture Bank Wollongong in all public talks, media, marketing & publicity material promoting your activity (this could be in the form of the CBW logo or in any other creative way that you feel will demonstrate our support for your project). This also means remembering to tag# images used on social media which depict projects Culture Bank has supported. We stress the importance of acknowledging Culture Banks contribution in any other material produced to promote your project.
- Applicants must have a valid ABN and be able to provide Culture Bank with an invoice.